Thursday, August 6, 2009

This is Incredible!

So..........Dr. Ringewald came by at the end of the day. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute to get news of how your child is! :) Anyway, it's incredible.....on a scale from 0 - 4 with zero being no rejection and 4 being total rejection, Joseph's level is 0!!!!!!! Can you believe it?? I couldn't believe my ears. They are so pleased and surprised! The Thymoglobulin seemed to be very a stubborn process but it did the job! We are unbelievably grateful for the way this rejection episode has turned around. It's beyond belief to us! Dr. Ringewald stated he would have been "happy as a clam" with a level of 2! I thought Abby was all about the drama but apparently Joseph likes to take things up a notch, he's just sneakier about it! :) We love him so much and are so happy to share this great news with you. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your kind words. Praise God for the great news!!

Here's a verse that helped us through the worry....
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

8 comments:

Angie said...

That is so great!!! God does work miracles and Joseph has been proof of that. We are so happy!!! I read it to Billy and he started smiling he was so happy.
He was shouting...that is so great..that is so great over and over. He has been so worried about Joseph. I know Joseph will not feel up to it and might not beable to see some people for awhile. But as soon as he gets clearance let me know, so I can bring Billy to see him. Maybe he will get to come home soon. We will still keep him and your family in our prayers.
Love,
Angie and Billy McLaughlin

Mandy said...

I am so happy for you, Joseph, Abby,Stephen and your wonderful news!! As I read, I closed my eyes and said, "thank you, Lord". Your news gave me goose bumps (in a very good way:) ). Thank you so much for sharing your miracle news with us tonight. Go celebrate the happy event with your family. I will continue to lift Joseph up in prayer and ask that God continues to help his body work well and stop fighting itself.So very happy for the Greenwoods tonight. Rest well, friends. Big hugs to all of you,
Mandy

Sharon said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! HAPPY DANCE - HAPPY DANCE!

Unknown said...

Praise the LORD! He is the great physician!!!

Joanne said...

Great news!! Let us know when you will be coming back home. God is so good and we are blessed. Talk to you soon. Prayers will continue so this does not happen again.
Love,
Joanne and Keith

Grant's Mommy said...

I am so HAPPY for all of you! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Can't wait to see you.
Much Love (your soon to be teacher),
Stefanie

Cathy Privette said...

This is the very best news!!!
God gave us more than we even asked for!

Beth said...

Praise the Lord!! So glad to read the good news this morning!! I know words will never fully express the feelings your family has. Just breathe and enjoy the blessings of the Lord; shed those tears of JOY!! :)
God is soooo good!
Thanks for the updates. Joseph and your family will continue to be in our prayers.
Love,
Beth C.